Blood circulation brings oxygen and essential nutrients to every cell in the body. A person needs healthy levels of fat as well as optimum blood pressure to improve blood circulation and to reduce the risk of heart diseases. Genetic and environmental factors also have a role to play in having a healthy heart. Balanced diet and right amount of exercise influence the composition of blood. Following are few tips to maintain a good blood circulation in the body:
- Add beans in the diet – Iron is the key component of hemoglobin, oxygen carriers in RBCs. To maximize the absorption of this valuable mineral, add meat or fish, dark green vegetables, dried beans and dry fruits to your meal. The adult body contains around 4 grams of iron, half of which is found in RBCs. Low level of iron in blood may result in anemia.
- Sprinkles nuts on salad – Seeds, nuts, oats, barley and soya products actively lower blood cholesterol levels. Adding such food items in the meal helps control LDL or heart-damaging cholesterol level in blood.
- Green Tea – Green tea improves the balance between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ cholesterol. It helps lower down the ‘bad’ low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol without affecting ‘good’ high – density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol level in blood. Avoid fatty foods and enjoy green tea.
- Watch the labels – For healthy blood vessels, it is very important to avoid trans-fat, which appear on labels as ‘hydrogenated fat’. It is present in processed food, such as biscuits. Cutting trans-fat out of diet would reduce death from heart diseases by 20 percent.
- Snacks on sunflower seeds – Sunflower seeds helps to lower the blood levels of cholesterol. These seeds are richest source of phytosterols, plant compounds that help lower cholesterol and keep the blood circulation smooth. Snack on these seeds or sprinkle a few over breakfast cereal or salad.
- Exercise – Regular exercise with proper diet, not only boost weight loss but also benefits the blood circulation.
- Take the stairs– Walking up and down stairs is an excellent way to lower cholesterol levels and stabilize blood pressure.
- Blood test – Blood composition is a powerful indicator of numerous health conditions, particularly heart problems. It holds the key to effective treatment. Regular blood test is very important.
Healthy heart is linked more closely to life style than anything else. For proper blood circulation, a person should avoid high-calorie food and saturated fat. Different research reveals that a mixture of exercise and a low- calorie diet raises levels of HDL cholesterol, lower down the levels of damaging blood fats called triglycerides and reduced blood pressure. Walking, jogging and cycling are all good choices.